Adventace Sales Management System Functional Specifications
As of January 4, 2016
Adventace SMS is comprised of five main components:
- Opportunity Management (Opportunity Analysis, Letters, and Action Plan)
- Pipeline Management and Forecasting
- People Development
- Dashboard metrics
- Extensive set of highly targeted reports and dashboards.
Inputs to the Opportunity Record:
- Company and Opportunity information
- Buyer/Job Title, along with:
- Critical Business Issue (populates Letters of Understanding)
- Causes (populates Letters of Understanding)
- Capabilities (populates Letters of Understanding)
- Identification of type of buyer, such as promoter, power promoter, etc.
- From identification of buyer impacts, generation of Impact Tree™
- Management Opportunity Recommendations
- Management Assessment of Seller Skills
- Inspection Decisions
- Opportunity stage achieved (stages viewable if needed) Input to Pipeline Analysis
- New Opportunity Created (NOC)
- Value (value input into pipeline analysis and forecast if A stage or above)
Letters of Understanding
- Developed when an initial conversation has been completed but seller and buyer have not completed the sales call
- Developed when the sales call is completed with a buyer that is below the power line. Includes Critical Business issue, Causes and Capabilities. It will also include the buyer/seller agreement for access to a buyer above the power line.
Promoter Letter with Proof
- Promoter Letter with proof of seller’s capabilities
Power Promoter Letter
- Developed when a sales call is completed with an above the power line buyer. Includes all components of Promoter letter except the agreement for access to power, which is replaced by the Action.
- Action Plan – Includes all buyer and seller steps in the sell cycle.
Power Promoter Letter with Proof
- Power Promoter Letter with proof of seller’s capabilities
Calls to Additional Buyers
- Directed to above power line buyers other than Power Promoter. Includes Critical Business issue, Causes and Capabilities, along with Action Plan previously agreed to with Power Promoter.
Calls to Additional Buyers with Proof
- Components of Calls to Additional Buyers with proof of seller’s capabilities
Proof Session Follow-Up
- Records results of proof of capabilities session.
Pipeline Management and Forecasting
Populated from the Opportunity information and inputs from the Pipeline Balance Algorithm
Pipeline Balance Algorithm
- Calculates goal vs. actual for NOC’s and $A required for pipeline balance, determines A pipeline gap, and calculates NOC’s required to overcome gap.
- Determines optimal pipeline by stage
- Compares optimal pipeline Vs. actual
- Calculates gap in each stage as a percentage
- Provides visual color-coded pipeline based on gap in each stage
- Each manager level is able to view their direct reports i.e. first line manager views sellers; regional manager views first line managers etc. up to sales Executives.
- Builds weighted 30-60-90 day forecast based on A, A+, NW and W opportunities
Automates skill development.
Provides skill development systems for sellers, sales managers, channel managers, and senior sales managers.
Capability Assessment Criteria
- Each seller and manager skill is rated from 1 (least capable) to 3 (most capable). The characteristics of each capability level per skill are displayed for assignment of skill levels.
- Tracks capability level for each skill and provides ‘trigger” for generation of Personal Development Plans.
Personal Development Plans
- Customizable plans for each seller and manager skill.
Critical metrics are provided in dashboard format, including NOC’s, $A, A/B Ratio, with the ability for manager’s to “drill down” their organization.
Empowering the Sales Operation
The capabilities above help people across the entire sales operation:
- Sales Executives use surgical performance metrics to drive the sales operation top-down, including the ability to “drill down” into the organization, allowing early detection and proactive resolution of problems that could impact results.
- Sales Managers can perform effective pipeline management, seller skill assessment and development, and proactive assessment of opportunities.
- Sellers are able to automatically capture important sales call results, quickly generate buyer-facing deliverables, and effectively manage opportunities and internal resources.
- Sales Operations is better able to “keep their finger on the pulse” of the sales operation and better work with executives to drive and tune the operation.
- Pre-Sales Support is much better able to understand what is driving the buyers through the Impact Tree™, stay in sync with the sales person through the Action Plan, and better execute support steps such as proof of capabilities.
- Marketing is able to understand the highest probability issues impacting buyers and rapidly adapt their programs to the real needs of the marketplace.
- Product and Solution personnel are better able to accurately determine which capabilities result in wins and which need to be added to the product in the future.
- Human Resources is better able to work with management on the surgical development of sellers and managers alike.
- CXO’s are better able to accurately determine the direction of the organization and work with sales executives to proactively drive the organizatio to attainment of its goals.